The Chamomile flower is a very versatile plant and highly beneficial as a tea for dreams. It has a powerful nervine and muscle relaxer and therefore helps to relieve tension, pain, insomnia and transitions you into sleep. That means better sleep and sweeter dreams.
It also aids in effectively regulating blood sugar, helps the body fight inflammation and helps to relieve the body of digestive issues, like diarrhea, and irritable bowel syndrome.
And it's such a pretty flower that it only makes sense that Mother Nature would say to it, "And thou shall also relieve the humans of depression."
Now because it's so powerful it may have some side effects. So consider the following.
- If you drink to much chamomile tea this can upset your stomach, even cause diarrhea.
- It can stimulate the uterus so avoid chamomile tea while pregnant
- It acts aa a gentle sedative so control your intake of chamomile tea on your workday, as it can make you sleepy.
- Don’t use chamomile if you are on a blood thinner as chamomile tea contains coumarin, a compound causing blood thinner condition.
- If you are allergic to ragweed pollen then avoid chamomile tea
- And of course always consult your doctor before adding anything to your diet that I suggest because I am NOT a medical doctor.
You only need to drink one 8oz cup a night but here is a delicious recipe.
Delicious Chamomile Tea Latte
- 2 cups milk (Any milk of your choice.)
- 2 tablespoons loose chamomile tea
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cloves, crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick + ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan, heat milk on medium-low heat with chamomile, cinnamon stick, and cloves.
- When little bubbles form along the sides of the pan, let it simmer for a couple of minutes before turning off the heat. With the heat turned off, steep for 5-10 minutes depending on how patient you are.
- In a french press, use a strainer to separate the chamomile tea milk by filtering out the chamomile, cloves, and cinnamon stick.
- Add vanilla extract to the milk.
- Move the french press plunger 10-12 times to froth.
- Pour the chamomile tea latte into 2 mugs, spoon out the froth on top, and sprinkle on ground cinnamon.
Try chamomile tea for better dreams, relieve pains and healing of your body.